Sign in to follow this  
Nindax

Expand Players Vs Players

If you are raiding enemy town and its, lets say, 10 vs 10

You try to work together to get them down 1 by 1.

Everyone is doing their best and you and some of the 10 i mentioned before get some1 down. And one of you gets an Enemy Kill.

Here's the idea:

What if, the last (as example) 5 records (that means: hits, spells, etc) are recorded on that person and if it dies, the one who kills still gets an EK, but the others (the 4 records before the last hit) gets some kind of points(dont know how to call it).

For Example:

Record Type Playername

Record #5 Damage PlayerX

Record #4 Paralyze PlayerZ

Record #3 Protection from Arrows PlayerY

Record #2 Damage PlayerX

Record #1 Damage PlayerX

Each # is a certain amount of points, lets say 1 point, and the last one (#1) is an EK

Points can be adjusted by Type (dmg = 1 point, paralyze = 5, PFA = 2 points)

PlayerX gets 2 points and an EK

PlayerZ gets 5 points

PlayerY gets 2 point

As you can see, the Paralyze is important for the death of the player. So the one who paralyzed, gets some more points as reward.

What to do with these points, fill that in yourself.

Some examples:

- Each point is 0,1 EK - 10 points is 1 EK (but in isnt a real EK, so I think I dont agree with this one)

- With these points you can buy certain things (I dont know what)

- Whatever.

Maybe use the contribution system for this (and higher the points given offcourse)

I am wondering what you guys think, and also wondering if this is even possible to create. (due to more traffic etc)

Edited by Nindax

Great idea u thought, might be hard to program but if it's possible I support.

Edited by FedeD

ask White and see what he says on the program, LOL! Then ask our boss whether it's ok or not.

It's not that hard to code, keeping a record of something is what we're good at :P

The idea is nice, but sorta incomplete...

Let's argue/break the idea:

dmg is one point.... no matter if physical or magical?

if I'd hit a -1 physical, or my friend hits a -100 on blizzard... both earn 1 point according to your system, which is unfair because i dealt less damage, meaning i helped less to the death of the guy.

pfa 2 points...

if the guy didn't get pfa, but he could pfm himself, playerX (who's let's say a mage), wouldn't be able to kill him with his blizzard, so the pfa so was important in the fight...

if playerX would be a war on the other hand, the pfa wouldn't matter, so why would the dude score 2 points to pfa if it didn't matter in the fight?

what about cancellation?

pfa 5 points, cancel 10?

if i cancel a dude, i earn 10 points, prolly i earned more points then anyone, the dude dies cuz a war critted him very hard in the back... in other words, my cancel was useless in the battle, yet i'd earn 10 points, and my friend who critted earns only 1 point, kinda unfair right, i didn't take a real part in the battle...

and inhibition casting?

cancel 10? inhi 20?

if i can inhi the dude, he's screwed, i take away his recall, impossible to recall, impossible to invi...

inhibition must get high points as it's mostly important in the battle, no matter if he dies to a war or mage.

how about detect invi?

detect could be important if the dude was invisible...

yet again, if the dude wouldn't be invisible, and i spam detect near him, my detect could be record 2, 3, 4 and 5 so i'd earn 4 times the points assigned to detect !?

I could probably go on and figure out more issues, or incomplete parts, or very discussable parts.

I'm just trying to make clear here, that each battle is different, and you cannot standardize some sort of point system to it, because depending on the situation (location (near pits, near dangerous mobs, ...), 10v1/1v1/1v2, ...) of the battle, certain actions lead to death, but other actions didn't at all.

Well, as it is now you get nothing.

Each battle is diff and if a war hits 100 and a mage hits 6 with wand they shouldnt get equal points.

But with this topic i just wanted to give an idea. The balancing has to be discussed.

Maybe give all the last X amount of records 1 point. Doesnt matter what type it is.

I know that it isnt all fair. But its the same as now that a mage gets last hit with wand that did 6 dmg on player, while other wars did 100 and other mage used cancelation/para.

That 1 point doesnt have a meaning now, because there is no reward stated. 1 point can be like nothing compared to an EK, but it is something, and it means you helped. To make it more complex you can make each type a different value in points. But i think that if you can create this, people will agree on getting 1 point. This can always be more balanced and expanded in the future.

I made this suggestion so battle would be a bit more rewarded.

Another idea:

Only make para/inhib/cancel/etc as rewarding type. And no dmg dealt.

if an inhib mage is in the battle. He does his best to inhib the enemy. He has less time and chance to kill an enemy in battle with more players.

This way he is able to get some reward for his inhib, instead of just blizzing and hoping to get the EK

Edit:

White, I know cancelation is not needed when a warr does the last hit. But if the enemy person was about to regen some health, the situation totally changes. The enemy without PFM/AMP can be paralyzed, frozen, or any other magic dmg. Casting cancelation on some1 with AMP or PFM is always good in battle, if the person dies 1 second later, it was useless yes. But still the person with cancelation was helping, incase the enemy had HP pots / recovery.

Inhib: same case, as you said Inhib disables spell casting, invis, great-heal, pfm/amp, recall, etc.

Sleep: same as paralyze, if an enemy is paralyzed its always a pro.

PFA/Def shield: Has to be discussed

The idea behind this suggestion is to lower the EK HUNGRY people, and give support and teamwork a boost.

If I am unclear, please say so. I typed this fast because I didnt had much time.

Edited by Nindax