Sign in to follow this  
lugiore

New Players Chain Quest Idea

Hello nemeisisisisisis.....

My Idea for a new chain quest for new players

Mainly as an idea on how to better introduce new players to where and what in nemesis is hunted by regular players so new players know where the best and most used monster hunting pits are. I also think that this also could be tweaked to also be a kind of combat trainer as in to show players where to look for EKs and players to attack, but that is a different story for another day. so here's my idea. I tryed to make it as clear as possibble but iam very high, so.........

New Quest Idea Details:

Quest demographic: new players

Type of quest: Go to location type quests/Scout type quests/Chain quest

Purpose of quest: To show new players the locations of the most used/best hunting pits as to help them gain more understanding where in nemesis people go to get majestics and items etc.

Repeatable: Only available once at completion of DK quests and is optional but will disappear from the quest lists after 3 majestics have been gained.

Quest details: Once accepted the new player is asked to scout for the city hall officer. The city hall officer will then direct the player to 5 of the most used/best monster hunting pits ( best/most used monster pits for new people/best exp/best drops etc, possibly needed to be checked by a gm or consensus ) to gather intelligence on monster activity. After reaching the first pit the city hall officer would then direct the player to the next location and so forth untill all 5 pits have been reached.

Quest reward: Random- 50 cp or 15 000 gold

Permanent- 250 000 exp

Quest Path (example only): First pit to be reached is Troll pit in middeland. from there the Giant Cray Fish pit in d2 is needed to be reached from here frost pit 2 in ice bound. after the frost pit a garden is to be reached ( ares for ares, elv for elv ). and finally ww pit in middeland as the final. upon completion of the final pit the player is asked to return to the cit hall officer to tell him of his finds, after he speaks to the city hall officer the reward is given. For this example i chose very common places that people train and hunt at and spread the order out to force the player to run past many locations aswell so he/she might find new pits on their own while completing the quest

The quests within the chain could also maybe contain an ammount of mobs needed to kill ( say 25 of each type ) so new players are shown by killing, how much each mob gives in exp. and how hard each is to kill etc. which would be of great value to someone who hasnt played the game before or comes from a different server with higher exp rates.

I think this is as simple as i can suggest it, but i feel i have left something out but i cant think of what that is unfortunalty :/ all apart of smoking weed i thnk, the old bad short term memory lol

Please give some suggestions on what you think, if it would work or if it is just a stoners dream :P

If you think if you got something to add then add it :D i love feedback on ideas, its the only way to improve.

cheers

lugiore

Guest voonwai1

hahaha waste time on new player,,, hard to get drop amour,no amour no defend to new player ! drop rate farking low ... new player waste time to play, and keep killed by Buyer HF,,,,,or old player w'll keep tgt them !if drop rate good little,,, mayb got new player and old player to play.. bcs no ppl w'll play withbout item whatever u keep hunt on 3moth... and no ppl hunt with u ! how u get drop ? got 1amour mayb 1hour or mayb 4hour or mayb 4hour withboout 1 amour drop ! bored !

I also have my two cents of idea which is getting 1-2 players from the different time zone to be given an account like the GeeMee. this char is not to help lower populations in fights but to help new players. He can somehow hunt some basic mobs like trolls or cyc helping beginners to get some basic armours. (wats mobs to kill as a cap can be further defined) this char shall also protect the beginner from.other towns mass item players. he will not attacked any players unless they attacked the beginner so in short his like a guardian. this helps to keep the new population coming in and as well as making a challenge for the older player to killing him for some stones or something.

well just some thoughts for consideration cos I think like any organisation retention is necessary. I have seen too many newbies getting rape for 1 week and off they go.

I also have my two cents of idea which is getting 1-2 players from the different time zone to be given an account like the GeeMee. this char is not to help lower populations in fights but to help new players. He can somehow hunt some basic mobs like trolls or cyc helping beginners to get some basic armours. (wats mobs to kill as a cap can be further defined) this char shall also protect the beginner from.other towns mass item players. he will not attacked any players unless they attacked the beginner so in short his like a guardian. this helps to keep the new population coming in and as well as making a challenge for the older player to killing him for some stones or something.

well just some thoughts for consideration cos I think like any organisation retention is necessary. I have seen too many newbies getting rape for 1 week and off they go.

Maybe we need to make an adjustment to "civilians" to make that more usefull within the nemesis context.

I was thinking of something as next:

Once you join a town you can choose to be combatant or civilian, where combatants have no limitations and civilians are limited as next:

- They CAN hunt/go to ANY map (as long as they got the map-level-requirement)

- They cannot be killed by enemy players or their summons

- They cannot attack enemy players

- They see enemy players as Heroes of their own town. (the enemy player looks like a Hero from their own town, kinda disguise to prevent civilian status from being used to spy where enemies are and reveal who they are etc.)

- They suffer from loot-degression -> Longer civilians = less chance for drops (primary and secondary) -> hours increase as people are ACTIVELY online as civilian and decrease as they're ACTIVELY online as combatants with a bottom limit of 0 hours civilian time. ACTIVELY online means not being inside any town maps (ares/elv, farm or the buildings related to them like shop, wh, bs, ch, etc...).

- They gain assistance of Heroes of their own town, randomly a hero of their own town will come and aid them in battle. (this is to disguise the heroes and are actually enemies and eliminates the ability for the usage of civilian mode to spy).

------------

Additionally I'd also like to add to the idea of lugoire, where as visiting each of the key-pits in helbreath, we could indeed make them kill a certain amount of mobs in each pit and reward them with corrupted or limited items that are statted (bound ofcrouse !), this will aid them in both battle if they choose to become combatant or in further leveling/earning majestics if they choose to stay civilian according to the idea written above.

i miss the old nemesis where Gm's come to play with us ! making some jokes a few mini events i miss Hunter : (

We all miss hunter, nemesis is not the same nemesis without him... I hope to hear from him one day or another !

Maybe we need to make an adjustment to "civilians" to make that more usefull within the nemesis context.

I was thinking of something as next:

Once you join a town you can choose to be combatant or civilian, where combatants have no limitations and civilians are limited as next:

- They CAN hunt/go to ANY map (as long as they got the map-level-requirement)

- They cannot be killed by enemy players or their summons

- They cannot attack enemy players

- They see enemy players as Heroes of their own town. (the enemy player looks like a Hero from their own town, kinda disguise to prevent civilian status from being used to spy where enemies are and reveal who they are etc.)

- They suffer from loot-degression -> Longer civilians = less chance for drops (primary and secondary) -> hours increase as people are ACTIVELY online as civilian and decrease as they're ACTIVELY online as combatants with a bottom limit of 0 hours civilian time. ACTIVELY online means not being inside any town maps (ares/elv, farm or the buildings related to them like shop, wh, bs, ch, etc...).

- They gain assistance of Heroes of their own town, randomly a hero of their own town will come and aid them in battle. (this is to disguise the heroes and are actually enemies and eliminates the ability for the usage of civilian mode to spy).

------------

Additionally I'd also like to add to the idea of lugoire, where as visiting each of the key-pits in helbreath, we could indeed make them kill a certain amount of mobs in each pit and reward them with corrupted or limited items that are statted (bound ofcrouse !), this will aid them in both battle if they choose to become combatant or in further leveling/earning majestics if they choose to stay civilian according to the idea written above.

yeah we can kinda look onto that direction but we also need to advertise more to attract ppl in. Maybe if I am given the power to run some events since having played hunters event for so long. maybe can create some fun out of it :).

yeah we can kinda look onto that direction but we also need to advertise more to attract ppl in. Maybe if I am given the power to run some events since having played hunters event for so long. maybe can create some fun out of it :).

We're advertising the server, it's in our front page, it's in hb top 50, it's in Facebook ads and we sent all forum members an e-mail with x-mas event details.

Hunter's events are the best, but even exact same events run by any other GM don't bring the same feeling back then the feeling hunter gave to it.

The atmosphere is missing...

Ofcrouse all event ideas are welcome though, yet as you can see, we're working towards more massively scaled events on a bigger scale dilivering unique rewards that can be obtained by anyone who puts effort into it.

We're also looking into a system to automate scavenger hunt events into the current quest system, here we (the admins) can easly create a new quest which requires you to collect certain items and diliver them where the first, second, thirs or n-th completer of the event would be able to receive a reward.

Yet this doesn't come easy with the current quest system, there are 3 main obstacles which remain in the system:

1. Globally counting who is first, second, third or n-th completer

-> Yet this is faily easy to do, we add a new quest type and whenever someone completes it, the quest CONFIG completion count goes up by 1 and the count is broadcasted all over the game servers again so when the next player completes it, the server can determine the correct price.

2. Inventory space.

-> To keep the quest in one piece, you'd be lacking inventory space to carry all requested items in a single inventory. So we need some system that shows the quest as one, but you can semi-complete it by dilivering a single objective to the quest NPC.

3. Rewards

-> As mentioned in the first issue, we need to keep track of n-th completer. as with the current system the rewards are ALL given to the player (except the choose, where players choose the reward). As i'm speaking of n-th completer, we can't just add a new reward type which is "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th" it'll be an endless reward type amount of we want the n-th completer in it. So the better option is to add an additional field that indicates n-th completer number.

Such scavenger system requires time and changes to the currently existing systems, yet we have it planned, but don't have it built yet.

We're advertising the server, it's in our front page, it's in hb top 50, it's in Facebook ads and we sent all forum members an e-mail with x-mas event details.

Hunter's events are the best, but even exact same events run by any other GM don't bring the same feeling back then the feeling hunter gave to it.

The atmosphere is missing...

Ofcrouse all event ideas are welcome though, yet as you can see, we're working towards more massively scaled events on a bigger scale dilivering unique rewards that can be obtained by anyone who puts effort into it.

We're also looking into a system to automate scavenger hunt events into the current quest system, here we (the admins) can easly create a new quest which requires you to collect certain items and diliver them where the first, second, thirs or n-th completer of the event would be able to receive a reward.

Yet this doesn't come easy with the current quest system, there are 3 main obstacles which remain in the system:

1. Globally counting who is first, second, third or n-th completer

-> Yet this is faily easy to do, we add a new quest type and whenever someone completes it, the quest CONFIG completion count goes up by 1 and the count is broadcasted all over the game servers again so when the next player completes it, the server can determine the correct price.

2. Inventory space.

-> To keep the quest in one piece, you'd be lacking inventory space to carry all requested items in a single inventory. So we need some system that shows the quest as one, but you can semi-complete it by dilivering a single objective to the quest NPC.

3. Rewards

-> As mentioned in the first issue, we need to keep track of n-th completer. as with the current system the rewards are ALL given to the player (except the choose, where players choose the reward). As i'm speaking of n-th completer, we can't just add a new reward type which is "1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th" it'll be an endless reward type amount of we want the n-th completer in it. So the better option is to add an additional field that indicates n-th completer number.

Such scavenger system requires time and changes to the currently existing systems, yet we have it planned, but don't have it built yet.

understand ur plannings white and they are great. but being a player for so long and hearing from players for so long I think that personal touch an active gm in game most time organising hunts with the players and talking to them gives a special fell of kinship. heard so many players saying the lack of a gm there with them.

Edited by DanZ

understand ur plannings white and they are great. but being a player for so long and hearing from players for so long I think that personal touch an active gm in game most time organising hunts with the players and talking to them gives a special fell of kinship. heard so many players saying the lack of a gm there with them.

Basically there are sufficient GMs beside the battlefield (the game) that do all different tasks, managing forum, developing new content, helping players with problems through the ticket system, etc etc...

From time to time these GMs pop into the game and drop down a summon event, hide 'n seek or small pvp event...

On a regular holiday basis since Halloween 2012 we're bringing massive new content to the game which brings long-running events that last not a couple hours but just days upon end, with our current Christmas event on-going, we have the longest running event with the longest chain quest available which has a full story attached to it.

So I do not see or understand the lack of a GM in-game, the only reason I see why players want a GM in game is to support their D3/D4/BF/Dragonia/Aplocalypse/Wyvern/What-ever-you-can-imagine hunts so the GM would kill the majority of the monsters and players get the benefit of getting rarer drops and killing more and faster (= increasing the chance for a drop). This kind of benefit occurs nowhere in any other game at all, so I do not see any point in doing this in Helbreath either except for the fun of the GM enjoying to have a zerg of people following him or her around the maps and pwning shits around for joy and fun.

This kind of "need" from the player side to play with a GM probably was created in the event of private servers popping up and GMs showing up everywhere to show off their powers, and people just wanting the GM on their side to "abuse" them for their own benefit.

I've played and play major games such as Diablo, Starcraft, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 1 and 2, Mu Online, Sun Online, Archlord, League of Legends and other major games from huge companies, in none of these you will find a GM that joins a player group to go hunting a big mob or maps around the game.

What you do see is those GMs logging NORMAL characters to join players, but then they're no longer in their GM function and don't have the GM powers available, they're just like you.

I can understand the lack and need of smaller events, yet those events don't bring us the same atmosphere as when Hunter[GM] would do them.

And that's exactly why we're building up automated systems that bring you the events as we cannot replace Hunter[GM] and the atmosphere he brings along with him by any other GM, we are opting for these automated systems that bring the events, but yet lack the atmosphere. The day Hunter[GM] returns, he will have all these systems available to him and with simeple button clicking he can setup the events and doesn't need to care any longer about it once it's setup, he can then fully focus on bringing the atmosphere to the game and entertaining the players more than ever before, yet leaving him the possibility to always add custom things (using GM commands) to the events to make them even more fun !

We do not plan and we shall not replace Hunter[GM] at all.

Making things far too complicated... New people wants drops, just that. They dont care too much about these special quests, they just want to go hunt and getting some drop after hours of killing mobs. Im not a fan a rising drop rate, but, I see no harm on increasing drop on 21-42% stats on armours.. or increasing PD, Crit, Sharp weapons drops..

Im not talking about having a ABH dropping everytime I go hunt for ettins, Im saying to give a chance for new players to go garden and getting an mp35 berk from a troll.. or a mr42 hose from a tree..

Nowadays server is played by people with full sets, mostly have at least decent sets (49+) and many high sets (70%), so, they wont benefit if you raise 21-42% stats, but new players will.

I still see new people giving server a try, but you know.. complains are always the same: drop, getting killed the whole time. They go hunt, they get nothing for it and instead, they get tgted by the same retards constantly. Retards that are stacked with items, and because they are so shitty players and always die in normal fights, before they can recall or pull... they go and kill the only thing they have a chance with: new players.

But... whatever..

PD: Besides, if people ever answer to new comers questions, things would be a little better. They always talk alone, they are ignored. No one wants to loose time answering a *censored*ing doubt, but yet, they complain about the lack of new players, or about them quitting..

Edited by Svafnir